He who conquers the left side

musings from someone that likes to use the word musings.

Friday, November 9, 2007

Fedroa 8 NSPluginWrapper

I just installed fedora 8 x86_64, and I must say, I'm quite impressed. I'll experiment/blog more tomorrow, but for right now it's safe to say that I'm really optimistic and in my experince it's MUCH better than f7. The 64-bit seems much faster too (I didn't know all Core 2 was 64-bit), though I don't know since it could just be performance increase in f8 itself, or it could just be perception.

One thing I did get stuck on was nsplugin wrapper. Fedora 8 tips and tricks helped out, though you might want to modify the instructions a bit. Here's what worked for me:


yum install nspluginwrapper nspluginwrapper.x86
mozilla-plugin-config -u


nspluginwrapper is probably already installed (it was for me).

PS Another thing I noticed were that the fonts were off, Havoc Pennington mentioned this earlier...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home