He who conquers the left side

musings from someone that likes to use the word musings.

Friday, November 9, 2007

scene from The Red Violin

Watching that video of Mark O'Connor practicing and getting better with each iteration of the theme reminded me of something... I just couldn't put my finger on it at the time.

Well I've been searching my soul and finally found it. Do you think the writer of The Red Violin could have been influenced by the Charlie Daniels Band? Who knows? We report, YOU DECIDE!



EDIT: My favorite part is when the kid says, "I want to be famous, yes sir, I really do." And the professor gets all exited like there could have been any other answer and hands him his violin.

Now all you people that are seen in comments praising this kid know what his life is really like. On a related note, I think that kid is in 2:48 of the Devil Comes Back to Georgia video. Check it out!

1 Comments:

  • At November 9, 2007 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Stephen Smoogen said...

    I don't think the two children are the same.. though it is eerie. I think the "The Devil Comes Back to Georgia" video came out in 1993/4 and the virtuoso child wasn't born yet :).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home